Thursday, October 2, 2014

10/2-The Frog Prince

Once upon a time, there was a princess wondering the woods. She was lost within the dense forest, looking for a answer to her problem. Then she stumbled across a old broken bejeweled crown. She picked the pieces up and admired them. "Hey, those are mine. I've been trying to keep all the pieces together," said a frog hopping towards her. "Gross! You're a nasty talking frog!" screamed the princess. "Yes, I know this... Do you think you can help me?" asked the frog. "Why would I help a frog?" questioned the princess. "I maybe able to help you in return. I assume your a princess with the crown on you head," the frog pointed out. "I used to be, until my father banished me. He's afraid when I take charge, I would bring our kingdom into war with itself," stated the princess. "Maybe I can help you out with that," the frog spoke. "How would you do that?" inquired the princess. "You let me worry about that, but when I'm done you have to help me with something. You have to make your kingdoms' blacksmith restore my crown to it's former glory, and I am allowed to live with you inside your castle," said the frog. "Um... ok, but hurry," the princess commanded. The frog bounced away towards the castle. The sun fell barely above the horizon. The princess was tired and bored, but the frog them came back with good news. "It's done. You may return to the kingdom with me alongside you," the frog informed her. The princess was full of happiness. She grabbed the frog, and the pieces of the crown, and ran back to her home. On arrival, she noticed the peasants whispering and giving her dirty looks. She entered the castle and was approached by one of the knights. "All hale the princess!" the knight chanted. "I don't understand," said the princess. "Our king and queen are both dead, making you the queen of our kingdom," the knight spoke. The princess had a mixture of feelings. She pulled out the frog and asked what happened. "I killed your parents, so now your in charge. Now don't forget our little deal," the frog mentioned. The princess then handed the frog off to the knight and ordered him to bring the frog and the crown to the blacksmith. She shuffled to the thrown and sat. She was shocked by her decision, but then she looked up. She saw her many servants and protectors under her command. The princess fell a surge of power through her veins. A evil grin appeared on her face. The entrance of the room then opened and came in a prince. "I'm back! The crown was fixed and my curse is broken. I have been given a second chance. Thank you princess. Now we can live and control this kingdom together," the prince said. They both got married and ruled the kingdom. The kingdom did end up in civil war just like her father predicted, but at least queen and king lived happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment