Wednesday, December 17, 2014

12/17-My Finale Blog Post

Dear Mrs. Pace

#1 -When you say unit, I assume you are talking about genres. My favorite genre would've been macabre, but we ended up writing a dictionary on it. For all the other genres we wrote books, but as soon as we get to the good one, we wrote a dictionary. So now my favorite genre would be sci-fi.
#2 -My favorite creative burst was Space 2199. It was so simple but so creative. You gave us characters and a situation and told us to work off of that. You set guidelines without putting up a hundred restrictions. That was the best burst.
#3 -The film studies did not help me at all. If anything, they butchered my grade. They were good for wasting time though.
#4 -The Truman Show
#5 -The Dr. Seuss book or the macabre dictionary.
#6 -You could've had less restrictions. This class felt more like writing than creative. Could you also grade projects a little bit faster next time? It just took a little too long.
#7 -I didn't have a problem with working on the computers, but others did have technical issues. I honestly liked it.
#8 -I do not feel my grade reflects my writing because the way I write was bent and forced to write a certain way. I really didn't have a choice to do it unless I wanted a failing grade. The only reason I was sarcastic and mocked many of our assignments was just me trying to have a little bit of fun through the semester.
#9 -You might want to shrink the projects. They took us so long to complete that we didn't get to experience all of the genres. Can you also take away the film study sessions? Those only lowered our grades and wasted valuable time that could've been spent towards our projects. Also, a little less restrictions when we write. Like I answered on a previous question, I liked that certain burst because you sat up simple guidelines. This next thing I'm about to mention might just be me, but do you think of us as children? You gave us many creative bursts and assignments that seemed like they required the innocent mind of a child to do them. Those assignments I had the most trouble getting done because I could not keep them from being too dark. Finally, last suggestion, please do not give as much work. It was tough enough to complete the EOC presentation and the poetry portfolio. This class has real potential, you just need to learn from your mistakes.

Gabriel Copeland

No comments:

Post a Comment